How Many Books Do You Read a Month?

Thursday, February 25, 2010

My First Internet Book Interview

Last Sunday, I was interviewed for the first time on my first suspense novel Deadly Choices (http://www.jenniespallone.com/ )via the Internet. Audrey Schaffer moderated the Writers Chatroom (http://www.writerschatroom.com/) interview. Readers and authors "lined up" to pose their written question, then I responded in like.

It was a whole different sweet potato, responding in writing rather than shooting my mouth off at mystery author conferences. For one thing, I had to type almost as fast as I talk -- didn't want the question poser thinking I wasn't attentive. For another thing, I needed to completely focus on responding to a particular question instead of blossoming into another tangent. The tricky part was responding in an authentic, yet humorous vein to keep participants from logging off!

What helped was logging on to the Writers Chatroom the prior Wednesday night. Wednesday nights are open chats. It gets crazy in there with everybody chatting at breakneck speed on lots of trivial stuff. Needless to say, I was afraid to stick my hangnail into the discussion for fear of being trampled!

Finally, I dived into the conversation, asking what genre fit my second novel. Once I got people focused on answering my questions, I felt successful.  Check the website out for yourself on Wednesday nights from 7:00 to 9:00 CST and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment